Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17, 2012 - A big milestone today.  For the past week and a half we have had three inspectors in...HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing.  All was going well with the exception of the HVAC.  Early last week the inspector wrote a few things up with one of them being 'No return vents in the sun room.'   The builder met with the inspector and explained that it was a sun room and no returns were necessary.  This past week again it was written up and our plumber called me Monday evening and asked if I would talk with the inspector with the hope that the home owner would be able to verify our intent for the room.  Never mind the plans specifically shows it as a sun room with no HVAC designated.  Until I could get this cleared up we were at a standstill and could not proceed.  Well I called Tuesday morning and the inspector was in a meeting.  I left a message (with a real person) to have him call me as soon as possible.  Two hours later around 10:50AM he still had not called so I called back.  I was told he was out on inspections and wouldn't be back until later in the afternoon!  Fortunately the guy answering the phone said I could talk to the boss of the Planning and Building Code.  I said I didn't want to bypass our inspector (I know all about 'chain of command') but the guy said it was OK.  I waited about a minute and the boss picked up the phone and I explained my dilemma.  He only asked one questions.  Is there going to be heating or cooling in the room?  When I said NO he said he would take care of it.  Just that easy...and it was.  I got a call from our HVAC contractor a couple of hours later and he said everything is a GO!


Plumbing Approval.
Click on the picture to see a larger image.

The approval of the HVAC allows us to request the framing inspection.  The framing inspection was completed today with just minor issues.  Once those minor issues are corrected we will be ready for insulation (one day) and then dry wall will be installed!!  It look like by Monday the minor things will be done and insulation could begin on Tuesday!

 

The Hardi-siding on the sun room is up and painted!  We really like the way it turned out.
Click on the picture to see a larger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment